Home of The League of Dreams Fantasy Football League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Free Agency Rules

Go down

Free Agency Rules Empty Free Agency Rules

Post  Guest Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:47 pm

How does free agency work? I've never been a part of it, and it's not clear in the rules.

I am assuming, anyone can nominate any player in a thread for any dollar amount (and attach the number of years to their bid). Also, once a player is nominated, to bid higher, do you simply reply to that thread? Furthermore, does it matter how much larger your bid is than the previous high bid?

Another question I have is, can you have the high bid on so many players that if you were to win the bid on every player, it would cause your roster spots to more than the max? In this scenario, let's say I have 27 players already and I have the high bid on 3 players, but I want to bid on a 4th guy. Can I? I would assume not b/c then I COULD in theory have 31 players on my roster. The solution would be to drop a player, but I don't think that should be allowed DURING free agency b/c other owners were responsible with their rosters and cannot foresee these types of free agents. For example, in the scenario above, we could allow the 4th player to be picked up and said owner has to drop another player from his roster. Let's say he decides to drop MJD. That completely changes the way the entire rest of the league had valued the free agents that were available and bid on before this occurred.

I'm sorry if this is hard to follow, but I tried really hard lol

Back to top Go down

Free Agency Rules Empty Re: Free Agency Rules

Post  Dan U Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:30 pm

joshm wrote:How does free agency work? I've never been a part of it, and it's not clear in the rules.

I am assuming, anyone can nominate any player in a thread for any dollar amount (and attach the number of years to their bid). Also, once a player is nominated, to bid higher, do you simply reply to that thread? Furthermore, does it matter how much larger your bid is than the previous high bid?

Another question I have is, can you have the high bid on so many players that if you were to win the bid on every player, it would cause your roster spots to more than the max? In this scenario, let's say I have 27 players already and I have the high bid on 3 players, but I want to bid on a 4th guy. Can I? I would assume not b/c then I COULD in theory have 31 players on my roster. The solution would be to drop a player, but I don't think that should be allowed DURING free agency b/c other owners were responsible with their rosters and cannot foresee these types of free agents. For example, in the scenario above, we could allow the 4th player to be picked up and said owner has to drop another player from his roster. Let's say he decides to drop MJD. That completely changes the way the entire rest of the league had valued the free agents that were available and bid on before this occurred.

I'm sorry if this is hard to follow, but I tried really hard lol
Yes, anyone can open up bidding. Yes any amount, although if you know a player will go for 40+ please don't start at 1. yes just reply to the one thread(there is a search option to find that player). you can out bid by going up 1+ dollars, or 1+ years from the previous year. higher initial dollar amount is always the first tie breaker in bids, so $5, 1 year is better than $4, 5 years.

during the offseason you are allowed to be overcap, and 30 players. This can lead to problems like you list with dropping players like that, but in the rules it does say tom and I can veto a drop if it's clearly not in the best interest of the league/an attempt to circumvent the rules. Therefore I wouldn't worry about any obvious top players getting dropped like that. dropped players are more likely going to be say Jordan Shippley from my team.
Dan U
Dan U
Admin

https://kongdynasty.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:38 pm

Thanks for the clarifications!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content