Home of The League of Dreams Fantasy Football League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The New IR Rule

4 posters

Go down

The New IR Rule Empty The New IR Rule

Post  Dan U Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:13 am

Ok, so the NFL passed a rule allowing teams to pull a player off the IR after week 8 and return him to the active roster. This might cause issues with out league and the way it is set up. therefore, I think it is only fair to listen to the league and take suggestions on how to handle this, for this year and future years.

Personally I think teams should also be given the choice to bring a guy back from the ir, if the nfl team does. The issue is we currently take off the cap hit if a guy is put on the ir, meaning there is a chance people would go over cap by bringing him back. This makes me want to leave an option for players to leave him on the ir. But that causes the issue with how ESPN works. If you have a player on ir on ESPN and he isn't it won't let you make roster moves until this is fixed. Meaning you have to add the player to your espn active roster, despite having him on your ir technically, which means you'll only have spots for 29 players instead of 30...so i'm asking if anyone has any suggestions on how to best deal with this situation, if it should occur.
Dan U
Dan U
Admin

https://kongdynasty.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

The New IR Rule Empty Re: The New IR Rule

Post  Tom G Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:12 pm

My opinion is that we should format the same way the NFL does, and the added benefit of the extra roster spot for the short term (most likely replacing a superstar) far outweighs the problem of cap space. However, it adds a risky element to the game of fantasy football (I'm always in favor of an extra complication) and I understand the trepidation. Perhaps we could amend our own IR rules and state that a player's cap hit remains on your books and you simply free a roster spot by placing someone on IR. That way, should he be forced via ESPN rules to come off your IR, you are making the same drop you would be forced to anyway, with no added cap to those pushing the limit. I'm absolutely open to suggestions (from everyone except Jason Cat and Brandon)(JK) so speak up guys!

Tom G

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:09 pm

I am in two other salary-based leagues that leverage an IR spot. In both of those leagues, the IR spot still counts towards your cap. It simplifies things quite a bit, so that would be my suggestion.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason B Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:46 am

I don't like the fact that IR cap spots count against your cap. It completely eliminates the trade value of players that are on IR and teams that need to make a playoff run when they lose a big time player (i.e. Jamal Charles last year). When that guy goes down an owner may makes some moves to replace that guy and keep in a championship run and in order to do that needs to take on a lot of cap to acquire another star player. Keep the salary for an IR player off the books!!!

Jason B

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan U Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:27 pm

you do realize that you can't trade or cut someone you've put on the ir by the current rule right?
Dan U
Dan U
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason B Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:09 pm

Dude I'm talking about the fact that if you have a running back that takes up 50 cap and you don't haw any to spend. When he goes down you should have that 50 off the cap so that you can trade for a replacement. If they go down and you're stuck with the 50 and no cap room to trade that sucks. Keep it how it is.

Jason B

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan U Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:38 am

Well pretty much due to the NFL's rules changes the two options are:
1. Players on the IR still count against the cap, but free up a space, If a player comes back as part of the "marquis" player rule, you have 2 days to get him back on your roster and be within the 30 player limit. This can be accomplished by cutting a player (including the player coming off the ir), trade, moving someone else to the ir, or anything else that would clear up the situation.

or

2. Players on the ir continue to not count towards the cap, but if a player is brought back the ir by his team you have 2 days to get under cap and the 30 man limit.

I am ok with either, but think the first one would cause less headaches.
Dan U
Dan U
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cat M Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:33 pm

number 2 for me

Cat M

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content