Home of The League of Dreams Fantasy Football League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jason's bid on SJax

5 posters

Go down

Jason's bid on SJax Empty Jason's bid on SJax

Post  Guest Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:38 pm

His bid was like an HOUR late.... Why did you close it on him???

The previous bid was on the 2nd around 2 and Jason's bid was the 9th around 3.... Really?

Back to top Go down

Jason's bid on SJax Empty Re: Jason's bid on SJax

Post  Tom G Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:50 pm

Really? Then where do I draw the line? Is two hours late ok? How about an hour and a half? A whole day maybe? Yeah its shitty he was an hour late, but it would have been shitty-er to allow his bid after S-Jax had technically been won.

Tom G

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom G Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:54 pm

I think all 10 of us should put ourselves in Josh L's shoes and understand that we'd all be pissed if an exception to that rule was made against us. As far as I'm concerned, there was an entire hour worth of time Josh could have been planning the rest of his off-season with S-Jax in the fold already

Tom G

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:59 pm

Well my name is also Josh, and how about we put ourselves in Jason's shoes! He has a real life and obviously has legit reasons. It wasn't even an hour, dude. This is my last comment about it, but I really want my opinion to be heard. If I am the only one who thinks it is pretty brutal then so be it. I understand how you are always walking a thin line as a commisioner and it is best to have solid rules in place.

With that being said, come on man! Why doesn't someone ask Jason and Josh L about it? It's fucking stupid that we are even going through free agency already. It is also a brand new setup (using this forum), and Jason has MULTIPLE reasons for his tardiness. The only thing in the favor of finalizing the bids on SJax is the rule. I say be lenient, but only on a serious case-by-case basis. I would 100% agree that there is no excuse if this was the 2nd year using this site and process, but it's not. It is all brand new. Good luck JBomb!

Back to top Go down

Post  Cat M Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:41 pm

there is no way jason should win, not to be a dick but if we are gonna say rules are rules with everything else then yes its a rule he missed the time. he could have called dan or tom and they would have put it in for him no questions , he had a whole week to do anything, that he waited until the day he was busy to do it is not anyone elses fault

Cat M

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:46 pm

I might have overreacted if this is not true. That was Jason's first time on this site, correct?

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan U Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:18 pm

joshm wrote:I might have overreacted if this is not true. That was Jason's first time on this site, correct?
He was on when he pointed out janikowski was not a free agent. which was Tuesday. so he was on at least once.
Dan U
Dan U
Admin

https://kongdynasty.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom G Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:03 pm

Josh, I understand your point about this being a brand new venue for us, and my first instinct was to at least make a query to josh L about it, but I think it'd be unfair to the entire league to put him in that position. If you would have allowed jason to out-bid you after being an hour late, you're a fantasy football saint, but asking each manager involved how they feel seemed predictable to me.

Tom G

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason B Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:10 pm

Yeah I got on at my gal's place for a hot second, but only to look over the site, I really didn't have any time. Wasn't gonna be like: "Hey I need to come hang out and use your computer for Fantasy Football for like an hour while you sit awkwardly next to me not knowing what to do.

But Josh did I also mention that when my car got towed and that the Po-Po didn't lock it and my iPod and last remaining functional computer was stolen and that led to me having to buy a new computer. Pretty shitty too because I held off hoping that the police took all my valuables out of my car because they tossed it completely. Turns out they didn't. They just Emptied out my back pack and all my compartments which had those electronics in there and then left everything all over the car not bothering to return the laptop and iPod back into the backpack and glove compartment as to prevent theft from an unprotected and no security towing parking lot. So I have 3 legal battles. 1. Fighting Paying a civil infraction that I already did in November that they overlooked. 2. Fighting the suspended license misdeamnor that they suspended because I didn't pay that menial civil infraction (which I thought I took care of) 3. Suing for the property stolen from my car when I was pulled over handcuffed and arrested and treated like a criminal because I had a suspended license for not registering my tags on time (which I did on time) and I had a ton of small bills on me from working 3 nights at Tripper's, so obviously I had to be a drug dealer.

If Fantasy Football was a higher priority in my life right now I would be destroyed and infuriatingly angry, but it's not, after all it's a game and IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE FUN! Cat this isn't like poker and your job, the stances don't need to be firm like that because your job IS SERIOUS. There is a lot of money and responsibility, this league not the same. The same situation was ALLOWED last year at roster time when EVERYONE was allowed to turn in their roster late!!!

As it is I still am super mad because it WASN'T an hour late!!! It was literally 7 minutes late. Ask Dan, I texted him and called him less than 7 minutes after it closed. I OFFICIALLY APPEAL! Because there has been leniency in the past. And why do I have to be the unlucky red-headed step child that gets the Catholic Priest in this situation. I get an example made out of me? Come on dude, I've been catching some shit right now in life and if the rest of my life wasn't in such an awesome place I would be like Lou Ferringa over this shit. Also I agree with Josh. This type of free agency is new and on a new medium and needs some grace period for adjustments. You can't just expect everyone to know what the fuck is going on. Also if you alienate people that are actually participating when there are some peopl (COUGH** HUA** COUGH**) then you're gonna kill the league.

Jason B

Back to top Go down

Post  Cat M Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:23 pm

how am I the one getting chastised on this? I simply state that if the commissioners are gonna make a hard stance on the rules not being bent early on. I would prefer that they do bend the rules but if they dont bend these then they shouldnt bend yours. Its a matter of principal and I think tom did the right thing staying with the same stance the entire way, so again why am I the one sucking the fun out of this when I am for you getting it?

Cat M

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason B Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:41 pm

Because there should have been an official stance on it earlier. Not a " hey Jason you get fucked because we are gonna take a stance here but were lenient before and took things on a case by case basis." Also I would like to point out that Goodell takes everything on a case by case basis and if you fools want to make this like the NFL he does that as well. Meets with players lowers league mandated suspensions, even ups them.

The bottom line is that this is happening so then we don't have to open the league rules up to controversy. That is all this is. I am getting caught in the middle because MOST OF US ARE NOT HAPPY THAT MULTIPLE LEAGUE RULES DID NOT GET PASSED BECAUSE THE COMMISSIONERS DROPPED THE BALL. And now Tom and Dan feel it is too late. So in order to make that be okay and put a band-aid over it and keep Cat, and me, and Josh from being more annoyed I am being made an example of. Which in itself is wrong. The root of the issue is the rules that were proposed on ESPN and voted on and then not passed before the offseason officially started.

If you didn't think you had enough or "there wasn't enough time on this site" then that is TOM AND DAN'S fault! You cannot have a double standard. Did I have a week to bid? Yes. Was there a lot of shit happening? Hell yes. How about the 3 1/2 months that the 2 of you had to set up a site like this and get those rules accurately voted on and make sure people were participating and if they weren't their vote was forfeit. I don't understand why we had to have the last second forum set up and we are held accountable for its faultiness?????

It is inherently wrong to make a ruling like you did in this case to protect the ruling you made with the league rules. You know I am right.

Jason B

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom G Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:17 pm

Jason my ruling had nothing to do with other rules. I still don't understand how you can't switch places with Josh and not see how he'd be getting fucked too if I re-opened the bidding. In your last post you managed to put blame on me and Dan for not getting the site going earlier, Cat for taking a hard stance and backing us, and Hua for not being active, while also dropping a not-so-subtle hint that you're threatening to leave the league. The fact is, you had 168 hours to send Dan or I a text and say "hey this site isnt working" and that didn't happen, not to mention we have heard about no such trouble from any of the other owners. I know you had alot going on, but we have to start enforcing things sooner or later, and you're the first to lose out on a guy because of them, but im sure you wont be the last

Tom G

Back to top Go down

Post  Josh L Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:20 pm

I for sure understand that it was almost on time and that you had some crazy things in life happen. I also think that some people take all of this a bit too seriously. My only issue is that they have given us all a week to respond. I don't know what you do for a living or in life, but who doesn't have any kind of computer access for an entire week? It is not like this happened in a day and you had a car accident and couldn't make it. Procrastination isn't the best way to go about things.....

Josh L

Back to top Go down

Post  Josh L Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:22 pm

plus tom i really appreciate that because if you did ask me then I would have been put in a very very difficult spot

Josh L

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason B Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:36 pm

Hell yeah I am hinting leaving!! Like seriously any rules that need to get passed to make the league better, more fair and enjoyable don't get passed. Double standards abound across the board and no consideration taking into the fact that is still the 2nd year and things are getting figured out. I mean if this had been our 3rd off season I understand your Nazi stance on all things without any consideration. But 7 minutes???! Come on.

But like I said it's a nice bond and way to keep connected over the next couple years, if I didn't have good friends in the league, I wouldn't try and argue, I would just leave. You have to remember that Josh M and I took terrible teams to join this league just to HAVE FUN with friends and share that time with each other. IT SHOULDN'T BE A CHORE. As soon as you do then why do it? That is what I am implying. As commissioners it's your job to protect the integrity of the league and do what's best for it. If ixnaying a 7 minute late bid is in your opinion that then we have serious issues on FF. If I logged on like3 days later and tried to make this case that's different.

Jason B

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan U Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:40 pm

I'm also sure I have put way more time into this league than any person should reasonably be expected. I send emails, texts, pms, messages on here, facebook chat, posts on the espn message board, and facebook messages, I update the spreadsheet as often as possible and I spent probably close to 20+ hours making this site a functional as it is now, I know it's not perfect still, but it's a lot better than it was the first day. And that doesn't count dealing with my own team, planning and checking the site fairly often. I'm sorry you aren't a fan of rules not passing/current rules being enforced, but if you are such a fan of a rule passing could have lobbied with owners to get yeses as well. I did about all I could short of going to someone in person and asking. The rules clearly states we need 6 yes votes, we got at best 5 for any rule that was proposed during the season last year. That means none of the proposals passed. I'm sorry there are owners that don't vote, but as far as I'm concern, you're a no until proven yes.

PS two rules are up for vote in league rules->rules proposals. please vote if you haven't.
Dan U
Dan U
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan U Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:47 pm

Jason B wrote:Hell yeah I am hinting leaving!! Like seriously any rules that need to get passed to make the league better, more fair and enjoyable don't get passed. Double standards abound across the board and no consideration taking into the fact that is still the 2nd year and things are getting figured out. I mean if this had been our 3rd off season I understand your Nazi stance on all things without any consideration. But 7 minutes???! Come on.

But like I said it's a nice bond and way to keep connected over the next couple years, if I didn't have good friends in the league, I wouldn't try and argue, I would just leave. You have to remember that Josh M and I took terrible teams to join this league just to HAVE FUN with friends and share that time with each other. IT SHOULDN'T BE A CHORE. As soon as you do then why do it? That is what I am implying. As commissioners it's your job to protect the integrity of the league and do what's best for it. If ixnaying a 7 minute late bid is in your opinion that then we have serious issues on FF. If I logged on like3 days later and tried to make this case that's different.

I'm not even sure a 40 man roster is in the best interest of the league. during the research period of dynasty leagues it was recommend 300 rostered players. 30 players puts us at that. i think it could be more fun, but it isn't something that is 100% guaranteed to help. The waiver rule i could see the argument, but not the 40 man roster. you're mad because the rules are 100% to your liking.
Dan U
Dan U
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason B Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:00 pm

So scouting players drafted by teams and coming up through practice squad and investing in their potential isn't in the best interest of the league and make it more competitive? What if you scouted and had a Victor Cruz type of player on a practice squad because you liked him from the draft (I understand that he was undrafted I was using his talent and breakout year from the bottom of the depth chart).

Jason B

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:54 pm

Jason, Dan has friggin awesome points. To your point about us taking over awful rosters and now kicking ass, it just says how awesome we are. We are all playing by the same rules, and the only way ANY league can get better is through democracy and solid ownership. It does nobody any good to attack a commisioner.

I don't like calling people out, but I think it would be best to have a conversation about it rather than blowing off steam in a post. Feel free to text me if you need to, just don't go hootin and hollerin all over the message boards *cough sneeze Cat*. I know I kind of did it by starting this post, but if you'll notice in this discussion I asked what others' opinions were. Now, I am 100% fine with the way it worked out, b/c there was a conversation about it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum