Home of The League of Dreams Fantasy Football League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tom's trading block

2 posters

Go down

Tom's trading block Empty Tom's trading block

Post  Tom G Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:03 pm

I realized I goofed up by starting a Ryan Williams thread, and we talked last year about doing one thread per person. So it goes without saying Ryan Williams is available. In fact, my whole team is available given the right price, but I'm taking the opportunity here to highlight some guys you might have thought were untouchable. Maybe you've thought to yourself on Sundays "Man that guy is amazing I wish he was on my team...*checks spreadsheet*... Damn Tom's never gonna trade that guy."

I will preface this by saying that each of us values players differently in a vacuum, and when you add in things like player salary, years remaining, and positional scarcity, values get even crazier. I will never be insulted by a trade offer (except from Dan), and I hope you all would never feel insulted if I tell you your offer isn't close for me, or if I offer a counter that isn't close for you. I'm not the type to throw out 100 junk offers in the hope that one gets accepted, normally I like to lead with my best offer.

Dez Bryant
I have him at ~$67, 1 year, and right now I plan on franchising him until it becomes apparent his production has fallen off. To me, he's the safest player in fantasy football right now, averaging 16 games played, 91 catches, 1300 yards, and 13 TDs over the past 3 years - only Marshawn Lynch has scored more TDs during that time. So why try and trade him? I think his 67.33 salary is fair given his production, however franchising a player year-to-year adds a huge amount of uncertainty to planning my team, as I'm at the mercy of the market. I would be willing to take a hit in production this year in order to gain long term stability.

Alshon Jeffrey
He's finished T8 and 11th in our rankings the last 2 years, he's now the unquestioned #1 WR on his team, and his contract is basically $1. He's available, but I would expect a somewhat more talented player in return as I would almost certainly be providing your team cap space along with his services.

#2 Overall Draft pick
I'm not in love with any one prospect at the top of the draft, as it seems some number of them (greater than 2, less than 10 - not sharing my tiers) are very close in terms of talent. If I haven't traded this by the end of the NFL draft, I'm sure landing spots will change values. If there's a guy out there you want, shoot me a message.

Jordan Matthews
I'm a Chip Kelly believer, but if you are too, maybe we can talk. He's on my block because he's my 5th WR right now, but I'm guessing he wouldn't be yours. Full disclosure: I like him more than any rookie WR this year.

Martavis Bryant
I see him as a stock whose value rapidly rose last year. Instead of waiting to see if it will continue to rise (or be stuck with him if it falls), I'm looking to sell and turn a profit on him.

Apologies for another long post, but we haven't had a trade yet this year and I'm starting to get antsy. If this doesn't work, I'm gonna straight up post my dynasty top 150 rankings so you can see all the players I under value and we can get something done

Tom G

Back to top Go down

Tom's trading block Empty Re: Tom's trading block

Post  Dan U Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:06 pm

i assume gerhart for dez bryant is sufficient?
Dan U
Dan U
Admin

https://kongdynasty.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom G Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:08 pm

Ok be fair to you, I didn't say no white guys, but... no white guys

Tom G

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan U Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:09 pm

no white guys not playing qb*
Dan U
Dan U
Admin

https://kongdynasty.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom G Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:13 pm

I can't see a situation where Andrew Luck or Aaron Rodgers would be involved, the rest of them are super-blah

Tom G

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom G Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:35 am

The following players are available for the cost of (about) a 7th round pick. Each should have some value for the right owner with cap room:

Aaron Dobson
Kendall Hunter
Chris Givens (STL)

Tom G

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum