Home of The League of Dreams Fantasy Football League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mid-Season Player Acquisitions

3 posters

Go down

Mid-Season Player Acquisitions  Empty Mid-Season Player Acquisitions

Post  Dan U Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:03 pm

So there were a few complaints about the mid-season player acquisition format. I'll open this up for possible debate (...going to regret that phrasing and i know it) for possible options for change.

My personally opinion for a change would be All player acquisitions are $1,1 year except picking up a dropped player on waivers (which would still be picking up the original contract). I'd still keep waivers but have first come first served in free agency.
The Reason: It keeps players from making seeky moves (i've been guilty of this in the past) and saves all long term free agency pick up for the off-season...which is where they should be made imo.
Dan U
Dan U
Admin

https://kongdynasty.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Mid-Season Player Acquisitions  Empty Re: Mid-Season Player Acquisitions

Post  Cat M Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:12 pm

I think waivers $1 1 yr after that FA should all be allowed to sign at whatever price after clearing the time frame required. Its a coaches fault if they didnt try to acquire a player during waivers. Why should the managers paying attention be forced to not have an advantage of using the rules for there benefit

Cat M

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan U Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:17 pm

We all know that's what you want cat Smile
Dan U
Dan U
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cat M Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:42 am

Has this past or anyone even voted?

Cat M

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason B Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:57 pm

I think I am on board with Dan on this one. I understand that in the NFL people can be signed in season for as long as they want but it is typically only 1 year contracts, that also mostly being the fact that all real talent in the NFL is taken preseason and if they are a "sleeper" the team has them locked up anyway (Foster/Cruz etc.). Anyway the point of these rules is to make the league as competitive as possible and in the best interest of the league and I think this would be the case. Every player in season that blows up will be available to everyone in the offseason fairly. And more importantly, as Dan points out, it prevents dirty dealing in the season (cough CJ Spiller cough). Anything that will help close loopholes and make the league I am all for.

Jason B

Back to top Go down

Post  Cat M Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:37 am

How was spiller dirty? He was available to everyone that managed there cap well? So if this passes players like jordan reed who no one wanted for roughly 5 weeks into the season who i took a chance on who now have potential pro bowl career ( and concussion filled careers ) have to go back onto the market for everyone to scrap for because i picked him up midseason and not in the preseason. That just seems like a lazy manager wanting the ability to get players without doing research the following season because he didn't put the effort into uncovering them.

Cat M

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:44 am

I love the possible change. I hate the sneaky bastards in this league. I would be fine with first come first serve, but I have a potential spin on it. Say we can only pick up players on Wed between noon and midnight (or whatever designated time) for initial bids and have an order to claiming free agents. This would be similar to how waiver wire works in traditional fantasy football leauges, but applied to free agents. After Wed, it is first come first serve on remaining FA's....

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason B Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:39 pm

Dan and I knew Jordan Reed and if I didn't have 1000 TE's then I would have picked him up preseason. I almost drafted him in the 7th round. I think you even looked at my little excel sheet of all the "sleepers" left and asked me what it was. And I think even asked about Jordan Reed, or maybe it was Chris Gragg. Either way those were my 2 guys and I think Dan's sleepers as well.

Jason B

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason B Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:41 pm

So Josh to clarify are you still saying in that method that it would be $1 1 year contracts after the 12 hour window? And during the 12 hour window it would be any amount of years and cap?

Jason B

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason B Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:45 pm

I just want the sneaky loopholes closed. It takes away from the fun of the league more than make it competitive. It also makes it so that players feel if they aren't taking part in the sneakiness then they are at a disadvantage. So essentially it provokes manipulation. This is where all the petty arguments come in. Trying to bend the rules and get an advantage by being "acceptably deceitful," like the Patriots, always operating in the gray. I understand there is room for gray decisions, left up to the commish's, this is where the epic summer argument comes in. I want some things black and white to prevent sneakiness, and Dan was arguing that he needs to make gray-area decisions sometimes. My argument was that making one gray-area decision would lead to others but then Dan assured me it wouldn't and that this decision would be best of the league.

Jason B

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan U Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:51 am

If I understand Josh Right, we could pretty much accomplish what he was suggesting by extending waivers like a day, then first come first serve (as it is in most leagues) with all contracts being $1,1 year? if that works for everyone that is pro a rules change (we know you hate it cat lol) i can put that up versus the old rule.
Dan U
Dan U
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down