Home of The League of Dreams Fantasy Football League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rookie Draft Start Time

3 posters

Go down

Rookie Draft Start Time Empty Rookie Draft Start Time

Post  Tom G Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:47 pm

Well it's Christmas in April everyone, as tonight marks the start of the 2012 NFL Draft. While it's an exciting time for any NFL fan, it holds special importance for us die-hard dynasty league members, as it is the last domino to fall before we can start our own Rookie Draft. Dan have I have discussed a start date for our own draft, and we are now asking for your input on when you'd like to see our draft start. Keep in mind, the general format will be 12 hours or so per pick per owner, and hopefully can be conducted through a combination of using this forum, texting Dan, myself, or another league member (who will then post for you or text one of the commissioners). Right now we are thinking somewhere between May 1st and May 30th, I'm on the early side of the discussion with Dan being on the later side. If you have conflicts that need to be addressed that would affect your ability to draft please raise them here and also post your thoughts on draft start time. Thanks in advance!

Tom G

Back to top Go down

Rookie Draft Start Time Empty Re: Rookie Draft Start Time

Post  Guest Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:30 am

Would it be SET 12 hour time slots, or 12 hours from when the pick is posted?

I have something like 4 out of 7 picks in a row, so if I am out of town that could potentially be problematic. I just want to be prepared to handle it properly. If I know the exact date/time of when the picks have to be in, I can plan better. If it is 12 hours from the previous pick, it makes it difficult.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom G Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:33 pm

It would be set to 12 hour time slots. So theoretically you would have an exact deadline for each pick. Many times last year we actually got a day or two ahead of schedule, so that could also provide you with extra time on the clock on the front end (and seeing as how Dan and I are picking 4 out of the top 5, I'm pretty sure we'll be ahead of schedule by the end of the first round). Last year, I believe we used 6am-6pm and 6pm-6am as the two 12 hour slots

Tom G

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:57 pm

I would appreciate 8am/pm time spots. Who gets up before 6am??? lol. but the rest sounds great to me!

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan U Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:57 pm

i think we did 8-8 last year seemed to work.
Dan U
Dan U
Admin

https://kongdynasty.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Brandon M Wed May 09, 2012 1:10 pm

I think the draft should start on July 1st. That way, it'll end the day before the Hall of Fame game. It would allow us to see the greatest possible percentage of the NFL's off-season moves, before we make our selections.

Brandon M

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 10, 2012 4:52 pm

...The times were already published Brandon. On that note, can I just have his picks? Just give me RG3

Back to top Go down

Post  Brandon M Thu May 10, 2012 10:29 pm

thanks comish

Brandon M

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down