Home of The League of Dreams Fantasy Football League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Open Dialogue

4 posters

Go down

Open Dialogue Empty Open Dialogue

Post  Guest Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:00 am

It is really frustrating to constantly have people in this league who do not respond accordingly when trade inquiries or proposals are submitted. Especially with many of us playing for money now, it would be nice to have a rule that you must respond within 24-48hrs of a proposal even if it is a simple, "no thanks". Frustrating to send something on Facebook, have the person see your message, ignore you when you're trying to trade for draft picks and/or players while the draft is going on.

I would like a poll to be created or a rule considered to implement a better system of communication. It's just courteous. I'd do the same for any of you.

Back to top Go down

Open Dialogue Empty Re: Open Dialogue

Post  Cat M Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:34 pm

Totally agree

Cat M

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan U Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:27 pm

im my opinion, for a rule to make sense there has to be a punishment of some sort for not following it. I can't think of a punishment that isn't too severe. Therefore i am not giving my vote for this as an actual rules proposal...so tom?
Dan U
Dan U
Admin

https://kongdynasty.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:30 pm

How about 3 strikes and you're out of the league. We need people who are active and looking to contribute. I understand if there are emergencies. Even sending a message saying I'm busy but will look at things in a while would suffice, but a complete ignore without valid reasoning should be a strike against you. After 3 we find a new owner that will contribute.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan U Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:43 pm

eh, i'm still a no, especially considering if a trade isn't even close even i will just ignore it...and not say shit sometimes...personally i take silence as not close.
Dan U
Dan U
Admin

https://kongdynasty.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:45 pm

Ok but I have where I've said hey looking to trade up. Is there any interest in some players of mine or draft picks, etc... and no response. I've not even made an offer that would be far apart on. And a simple no can suffice even if lopsided.

Back to top Go down

Post  Cat M Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:54 pm

Just conmon courtesy bout this for a few of the members who dont would be bice

Cat M

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom G Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:16 am

I can agree with the spirit of why this was posted, but as a whole this group of 10 guys is more active than any 10 we've ever had, and I believe it's improving every year as we start to get to know each other a bit. Dan and I have made tough decisions to ask managers to step down in the past due to inactivity (Josh's brother, and of course Hua - the best man in my upcoming wedding - come to mind), but right now I'm pretty happy with where we're at. Would it be fun if everyone was as active as Cat? Absolutely, but for now I think the rules as written promote an acceptable level of activity

Tom G

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:38 am

So what do you do when you're trying to talk about possible trades and won't get a response from a guy? Kinda seems shitty. I can think of two people who currently do it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:38 am

quit whining....

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason B Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:23 pm

I'm with Dan and Tom on this one Edgar. You approached me about this rule and while I agreed with you on part of the spirit behind the proposal, I pretty much said the same thing as Tom. I have learned the tendencies and behavior with most owners and like Dan said, sometimes a blank response means a bad offer and disinterest. And like Tom said I told you that this is the best it has been in this league, ever, even the owners that struggle a bit with communication have gotten better and more active every year, and every year it is more competitive.

It sucks sometimes with communication, but that's life. There are always coworkers that never respond to you when you need shifts picked up, friends that always respond late or never at all *cough Ajay* then make up an excuse *cough Ajay cough* "My phone broke....again." Either way, again, that's life.

Any offer that worked for both teams or if I was adamant and persistent (Come on Todd...Christine Michael...you know you wanted that offer...) about was responded to and negotiated in this league (So glad Josh and I didn't make the AP for Forte & Cam based trade when AP was rehabbing). So moral of the story, just be nicer and more understanding that people have busy lives/jobs, have families, etc. at different time and might not have the same level of interest and intensity at all times as different owners. Not trying to team up on you Edgar but I think we are okay without that harsh rule. It isn't like they are benefiting from not responding to you. I guarantee that Josh L wishes he could have been less busy and joined in on FA, maybe responded to some trade offers. So it wasn't personal, he was just busy. You said it yourself, you may not even get a response to a lopsided trade offer....so what...their bad. They could have helped their team and didn't, that's punishment enough in itself. Also key thing here is that everyone tries to build the best team and is competitive. I would rather have a guy that never talks or does anything than a guy that never sets his lineup.

I do get what you guys are saying about being courteous but everyone is different. Maybe it is the way you talk to them? It is just something that you have to work around. I don't think anyone in this league has malicious or discourteous INTENT toward anyone else. It may seem like that with the outcome, but I don't think as people, character-wise (like Tom pointed out with Hua), that anyone is deliberately being difficult or mean-spirited. Just my 2-cents.

Jason B

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason B Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:25 pm

*Drops Mic*

Jason B

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: