Home of The League of Dreams Fantasy Football League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charles Johnson - Question

3 posters

Go down

Charles Johnson - Question Empty Charles Johnson - Question

Post  Jason B Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:33 am

So let me preface with I am okay with that player going to Dan, minor(ish) circumstance. But I want to be clear moving forward.

How did I not get a bid in before 7 days? It was 1 hour shy of 7 days, including daylight savings time 2 hours. 4:20 PM last Tuesday was Dan's bid and 3:20 PM my bid, would have been 2:20 PM without counting DST.

Again I am not too concerned except moving forward. If this happens again I want a full and clear understanding of the rule because as of now I am not clear. I had 168 hours to place a bid. I bid at 167 hours (166 actual real time hours). Spring forward, fall back remember? I'll try not to let it get last minute, I Facebook messaged Dan before the time I actually bid about my interest and probable bid on Johnson before his time was up. I have been busy so not meaning to wait until the last second on purpose so therefore I want to be sure in case I have any last minute bids.

Jason B

Back to top Go down

Charles Johnson - Question Empty Re: Charles Johnson - Question

Post  Dan U Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:54 am

my bid was 2:20, you probably haven't switched your timezone in your profile..also this is the second person to bring up DST...no it will not add an hour to the bids, no one else ask or i will make sure to junk punch you Wink
Dan U
Dan U
Admin

https://kongdynasty.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason B Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:30 am

Cool, no problem, I think I don't have it adjusted on my forum profile, it is on my computer.

Jason B

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan U Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:32 am

Yeah that's what i meant
Dan U
Dan U
Admin

https://kongdynasty.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason B Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:44 am

Now it makes sense, updated to Detroit EST, and I see I posted exactly at the same time a week later lol, here I thought I was early. Should have done it when I texted you at noon lol

Jason B

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:33 pm

Daylight savings time doesn't matter in the NFL and shouldn't here. The time is the time. If the deadline is a week it should not matter if that bid was before or after daylight savings time. If its made at 1:30pm you have a week from then at exactly 1:29:29pm to place your bid. I don't see how this is difficult to handle or interpret. Just my 2 cents

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom G Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:06 pm

Damn Jason is mellow now that he has a big boy job. In the future if you want to text me a bid, I have no problem bidding by proxy for you if you're busy. That actually goes for the whole league, as the long as the text message comes in before the deadline (i wouldn't push it though, no guarantee my phone is perfectly synced to the forum time).

Tom G

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down