Home of The League of Dreams Fantasy Football League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Off-Season Free Agency Rule (Over the Cap)

4 posters

Go down

Please Vote

Off-Season Free Agency Rule (Over the Cap) I_vote_lcap14%Off-Season Free Agency Rule (Over the Cap) I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 1 ]
Off-Season Free Agency Rule (Over the Cap) I_vote_lcap86%Off-Season Free Agency Rule (Over the Cap) I_vote_rcap 86% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 7

Poll closed

Off-Season Free Agency Rule (Over the Cap) Empty Off-Season Free Agency Rule (Over the Cap)

Post  Dan U Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:41 pm

You must stay within your salary cap during the off-season. Currently owned first and second round draft picks will count towards your cap, since they are guaranteed contracts and would potentially put you over the cap.

If you were to win a player and the player would cause you to exceed the salary cap, you will be given a week to make room for the new player.  If you fail to make room for the player in the week he will be returned to the free agent pool and bidding may re-start.  In addition, the owner that failed to make the room will take a cap hit as a penalty.

The penalty will be structured as follows: Normally when a player is released, an owner receives 50% cap relief, which continues scaling down by 50% for each year on the contract. In the instance of a player who is forced to be released, the owner receives 90% relief in the first year, followed by the normal 50% each subsequent year. The spreadsheet will reflect the total of all possible cap hits from involuntarily cut players added together to create a single penalty for the current year. For example, a $50, 4 year player involuntarily released would create a one year cap penalty of 10.09. To come to this number, the formula is 10% of 50 (5) for what would potentially be the 1st year, then 5*1.1/2 (2.75), then 2.75*1.1/2 (1.5125), then 1.5125*1.1/2 (.831875). The 4 numbers in parentheses are then added together to create the cap penalty (5+2.75+1.5125+0.831875 rounded to 2 decimals) of 10.09.

Additionally, you may NOT complete a trade if either team is over cap upon completion.  In this instance, there will be no grace period of 1 week. These will simply not be allowed.

Last edited by Tom G on Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:16 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Grammatical Error)
Dan U
Dan U
Admin

https://kongdynasty.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Off-Season Free Agency Rule (Over the Cap) Empty Re: Off-Season Free Agency Rule (Over the Cap)

Post  Cat M Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:57 pm

i voted no mainly because you should have the same grace period after a trade as you do in bidding. Otherwise I would have voted yes

Cat M

Back to top Go down

Off-Season Free Agency Rule (Over the Cap) Empty Re: Off-Season Free Agency Rule (Over the Cap)

Post  Dan U Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:01 pm

It's a trade, so in reality you can give yourself the grace period, aka wait a week to announce it.
Dan U
Dan U
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cat M Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:07 pm

but then ud have a week for the cap after that which defeats the purpose, though u wouldnt be able to tell

Cat M

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom G Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:10 pm

The reason there is zero tolerance on trades is because there is no punishment

Tom G

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason B Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:58 pm

Seriously Cat you're arguing a stupid point. Making a trade that puts you over cap is doing the same as bidding over cap and like Tom said there is no punishment for over capping a trade, what are they going to do, make you drop the player you just traded for? Just don't trade until you have the cap, simple. Like he said you have a week to find out how to get below or pull the trigger.

Jason B

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan U Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:21 pm

I agree with Jason, mark it on your calenders people. Razz
Dan U
Dan U
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan U Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:56 pm

Six votes, this has passed.
Dan U
Dan U
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down