Home of The League of Dreams Fantasy Football League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Off-Season Free Agency (Over the Roster Limit Rule)

5 posters

Go down

Please Vote

Off-Season Free Agency (Over the Roster Limit Rule) I_vote_lcap25%Off-Season Free Agency (Over the Roster Limit Rule) I_vote_rcap 25% 
[ 2 ]
Off-Season Free Agency (Over the Roster Limit Rule) I_vote_lcap75%Off-Season Free Agency (Over the Roster Limit Rule) I_vote_rcap 75% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 8

Poll closed

Off-Season Free Agency (Over the Roster Limit Rule) Empty Off-Season Free Agency (Over the Roster Limit Rule)

Post  Dan U Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:40 pm

You may not exceed 40 Players on your roster during the off-season. All currently owned first and second round draft picks will count as a roster spots when determining the number of players on your roster, due to the fact that the contracts are guaranteed and could potentially put you over the roster limit.

If you were to win a player while already having 40 roster spots filled, you will be given a week to make room for the new player. If you fail to make room for the player in that week, he will be returned to the free agent pool and bidding may re-start. In addition, the owner that failed to make the room will take a cap hit as a penalty.

The penalty will be structured as follows: Normally when a player is released, an owner receives 50% cap relief, which continues scaling down by 50% for each year on the contract. In the instance of a player who is forced to be released, the owner receives 90% relief in the first year, followed by the normal 50% each subsequent year. The spreadsheet will reflect the total of all possible cap hits from involuntarily cut players added together to create a single penalty for the current year. For example, a $50, 4 year player involuntarily released would create a one year cap penalty of 10.09. To come to this number, the formula is 10% of 50 (5) for what would potentially be the 1st year, then 5*1.1/2 (2.75), then 2.75*1.1/2 (1.5125), then 1.5125*1.1/2 (.831875). The 4 numbers in parentheses are then added together to create the cap penalty (5+2.75+1.5125+0.831875 rounded to 2 decimals) of 10.09.

Additionally, you may NOT complete a trade that puts your team over the 40 man roster limit as a result of its completion. In this instance, there will be no grace period of 1 week. These will simply not be allowed
Dan U
Dan U
Admin

https://kongdynasty.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Off-Season Free Agency (Over the Roster Limit Rule) Empty Re: Off-Season Free Agency (Over the Roster Limit Rule)

Post  Jason B Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:18 pm

Another reason that I do not like this proposal other than those already stated is the fact that trades that involve dead weight contracts that the other person has agreed to take that will put them over roster limit will not be allowed. For example Cat has 39 players wants one player from another person. That person has a contract say 18 for Jermichael Finley that they don't want and know Cat will take the hit and drop. They can't trade. Very bad at explaining but does that make sense? It is like taking partial contracts, like the reason the Broncos traded Tebow to the Jets over the Jags when the Jags had better draft pick offer was the Jets were taking more of Tebow's contract for that year.

Jason B

Back to top Go down

Off-Season Free Agency (Over the Roster Limit Rule) Empty Re: Off-Season Free Agency (Over the Roster Limit Rule)

Post  Dan U Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:10 am

bump..1 vote to pass, 3 to fail. please vote.
Dan U
Dan U
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom G Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:23 am

Easily gotten around: I trade Cat Jermichael Finley for a handjob. Cat cuts Jermichael Finley. We complete a second trade.

Tom G

Back to top Go down

Post  Cat M Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:34 am

HA! finley is way overpaying me!

Cat M

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan U Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:54 pm

C'mon Vote guys...
Dan U
Dan U
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Brandon M Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:54 pm

youshouldnt be able to bid over cap either

Brandon M

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan U Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:56 pm

Passed.
Dan U
Dan U
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down